Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Free screen capture programs - how to take screenshots and record movies from flight simulator

I often need a good program to capture screen shots during the flights which I use on the blog or just keep them to review later on. Because it's impractical to minimize Flight simulator after each one and save it with Paint, I use programs that can save automatically JPEG files(best quality/size ratio).

The program I usually use is MWSnap which has all the features I need, is very easy to use and takes little space/resources. You can setup a combination of keys for taking the screen capture and setup the program to save the image automatically in the desired format (jpg, png, bmp, ...) in any folder on your hard drive so you don't get distracted from your flight.
It works good both in fullscreen and windowed mode.

To capture video (create videos to post on Youtube for example) you can use this program.

No comments: